When I was in high school, I thought I was too busy for everything. I played two sports and was a member of several extra curricular activities. Then I got to college and thought how silly my high school self had been. I was sure then I knew the true meaning of busy. Taking on a full schedule every semester (even summer terms), working, and being in a leadership role at a campus organization. I never had time for anything. Now, I’m finally adult and in the real world. This is what I had been working toward for years. Did all of my hard work pay off for me in the end? It’s hard to say. I enjoy what I do, but now I can’t help but think how silly my college self was. THIS is busy!
This year I am a new teacher at Switzerland County Middle School, and I have taken on the role of assistant volleyball coach. This doesn’t sound like much, I know, but let’s add in the fact that I live almost an hour away from school. On game days, I leave my house at 6:15 a.m., and I usually don’t return until 11:00 p.m. On days when I just have practice, I at least get to make dinner, but that’s about it for my night. I’ve also taken up a running program to get my health under control. Add all of that to the fact that I’m at the end of my first 9 weeks of my first year of teaching, and I’m pretty sure that I’m already about three years behind in grading. Which leads to me to my main point. I’M STRESSED! I’ve never been one to handle stress well. I love the idea of being organized but fail at maintaining a system. I love cooking dinner for my family but rarely am home to do so. I truly want to turn my life around with running but feel so exhausted by the time I get home to run. I have a desire to be creative but no time to create.
Hence, this blog. I need somewhere to write, get my feelings out. I want to share with the world my feelings of insanity because in some weird way, it makes me feel much more sane. Finally, I’m doing this because if I don’t find a healthy way to manage my stress soon, I’ll probably have a mental breakdown.
There won’t be much rhyme or reason to this blog. It will just be the things I care about in my chaotic life.
No comments:
Post a Comment