Wednesday, October 30, 2013
My First 5K
I have finally made the decision. I kept putting it off, saying that I wasn't ready, but I decided that, ready or not, I will be running my first 5K in just over a week on November 9. I am starting to get really nervous. I still haven't actually run a 5K yet. I think they most I've done is about 3 or 3 1/2 K. I keep telling myself that I just can't stop once I start. That's how I've gotten as far as I have so far, but I'm still scared I won't be able to do the whole thing. My brain just keeps telling me that I'm not good enough for this yet. I'm trying to not get discouraged, but I've always been quick to doubt myself. I just keep looking to my mom for inspiration. She was where I am a year and a half ago, and she is running her first marathon in three days! She keeps telling me I can do it because I'm half her age. I keep reminding her that she is about half my size, so I really think she has the advantage. I'm also having problems with my calves, so that is getting into my head as well. I know that my body can endure running for 5K, it just seems that my mind doesn't want to believe it.
Labels:
first,
inspiration,
race,
running,
scared
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment